New version 3.4.3 of SETSM is updated for solving following issues from 3.4.0 and 3.4.2.
(1) Memory segmentation issues
- Out of memory issue in relative RPCs bias computation step with new matching cut algorithm (3D voxel)
- Out of memory issue for 50 cm DEM generation
* Maximum DEM size for single large DEM file in BW system (64GB) is 20 km by 35 km (reference size). Big-geotiff file structure applied.
* Larger DEM than reference size is split into several DEMs based on system physical memory size. The split DEMs have 200m overlapped area.
* In case of split DEMs, ‘DEM_splited.txt’ file that is describing each split DEM information similar to ‘*meta.txt’ is in output folder
- Tile processing applied in orthoimage generation step to reduce physical memory size.
- Optimization in Local Surface Fitting(LSF) algorithm to reduce physical memory size : Both single large DEM and split DEMs for 50cm have no issues.
(2) Matchtag issue : New matching structure with 3D voxel scheme had a minor issue and lost some matching points.
(3) Other sensor segmentation fault issue : Pleiades sensor had an issue to read its sensor information correctly. Now the bug is fixed and working well.
New features of post-processing modules
- Local Surface Fitting smoothing for removing severe height variation over smooth surfaces due to poor stereo geometry or sensor orientation.
- New matchtag information from older version of SETSM DEMs.
- Reduce the issues of small size blunders such as divots and holes.
- Adaptive matching kernel size from iteratively updated surface information (reduce small size blunders)
- New matchtag information from new decision strategy of matched points : it helps water surface and clouds filter out.
- meta file information update
1. Memory issues
- Reduce of physical memory size : Relative RPCs bias computation
- Changes of memory allocation
2. Bug fix
- Relative RPCs bias computation : loading failure of image coordinates
- Coordinate conversion : image cut around 180 longitude line due to geographic coordinate conversion issue
- Data type casting
3. Enhanced consistency by parallel processing
4. More parallel processing by OpenMP
5. MPI implementation : tile-based MPI application
6. Cleaning codes
7. meta file update : includes image orientations info.
1. Arbitrary output DEM generation
2. option added : only orthoimage generation from SETSM dem
3. bug fixed : round off errors.